Potential Job Description: Full Time Worship and Connections Pastor @ Hilmar Covenant Church
This Job Description outlines a 40+ hour/week position.
The Worship and Connections Pastor provides pastoral leadership to the worship and relational ministries of Hilmar Covenant Church, in alignment with the church's Identity and Calling.
The Worship and Connections Pastor will be the "producer" of each worship service and special programs. While the Senior Pastor directs worship in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the Worship and Connections Pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The Worship and Connections Pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The Worship and Connections Pastor is a leader who can communicate direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
In addition to worship ministries, the Worship and Connections Pastor will lead and oversee ministries in the church which relate to our relationships with one another, and with the church's relationship with the community.
This position is a pastoral one that requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a Shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. This includes the purposeful building of worship teams that are both means of, and opportunities for, discipleship by the participants. The Worship and Connections Pastor will seek to create a culture of worship in the church, as well as facilitate meaningful connections between people.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Identity, Calling, Values, and worship philosophy of Hilmar Covenant Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, with a track record of growing a music ministry.
- An ability to organize and administer relational ministries, including small groups.
- A pastor as well as musician.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation through the worship ministry. This includes an understanding of the multi-generational quality of Hilmar Covenant Church, as well as sensitivity and insight in navigating this dynamic.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a multigenerational church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Familiar with the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ.
- Spend time developing relationships with all types of people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry of the church.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Hilmar Covenant in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of instruments, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Plan seasonal and/or outreach musicals as appropriate - for instance for Good Friday, Advent. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Create and direct a worship development program, utilizing memorial funds donated for the specific purpose of introducing young people to music and worship.
- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the accomplishment of all aspects of ensuring the church maintains and improves its internal and external relationships.
- Establish strategic relationships and ensure continuous awareness of the church in the community. This includes taking ownership of external marketing activities, maximizing attendance of special outreach focused events, key sermon series, and other activities requiring external marketing support.
- Organization and administration of small group ministries. This includes periodic meetings with small group leaders for the health and support of the ministries.
- Oversee Frontline ministries, equipping and supporting team leaders.
- Work with church staff to continuously create new events and other venues for inviting new people to eventually become regular attendees at church services.
- Leading, in collaboration with HCC leadership, the creation of a culture at HCC that celebrates and expects service by all people.
- Occasional preaching.
- Provide pastoral care for those in your care.
- Other duties as assigned.