Potential Job Description: Part Time Worship Leader/Director @ Hilmar Covenant Church
This Job Description outlines a 20-29 hour/week position.
The Worship Pastor provides pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Hilmar Covenant Church, in alignment with the church's Identity and Calling.
The worship leader/director will be the "producer" of each worship service and special programs. While the senior pastor directs worship in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship leader/director will oversee and coordinate the details that a service encompasses. The worship leader/director must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship leader/director is a leader who can communicate and direct in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. The job will include the purposeful building of worship teams that are both means of, and opportunities for, discipleship by the participants. The worship leader/director will seek to create a culture of worship in the church.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Identity, Calling, Values, and worship philosophy of Hilmar Covenant Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, with a track record of growing a music ministry.
- An established musician.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation through the worship ministry. This includes an understanding of the multi-generational quality of Hilmar Covenant Church, as well as sensitivity and insight in navigating this dynamic.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a multi-generational church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ.
- Spend time developing relationships with all types of people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry of the church.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Hilmar Covenant in consultation with the Senior Pastor, ensuring that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme of the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, and coordination of weekly worship team.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
- Direct all weekly rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Work with the pastor to plan seasonal and/or outreach services.
- Oversee the worship department volunteers, with budgeting responsibilities.
- Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Create and direct a worship development program, utilizing memorial funds donated for the specific purpose of introducing young people to music and worship.